Sunday, November 23, 2008

Listening

to... My Beloved Monster by Eels. 

I love this song. Of all the songs of the world, this song is by far my favorite. There's nothing about this song I don't like. The lyrics, the voice, the music. Everything. The Eels are an amazing, talented band.

Today was a great day. I went to church, heard my Uncle speak on the right way to be thankful during this Thanksgiving (and in general I guess). Humbly. I really felt that one tug because I feel like I haven't been as thankful as I should be. I shouldn't thank God for the things I have. For the stuff that I have such as my car, my bed, or my house. I should thank Him for loving me the way he does. For having such mercy and love for me, despite the fact I sin. God is so amazing. God is good. I would truly be lost and empty without Him. He keeps me strong through these struggling times, and optimistic when I'm feeling down. His forgiveness and love... It's indescribable. It's amazing. 

I really feel like through everything, I just need to go with the flow. Life may have a tendency to suck, but I feel like I just need to remain optimistic. If things don't happen, things don't happen. If things happen, things happen. Just deal with it the day it happens, then let the next day be a new day. Never let something hold you back from who you really are. Not a divorce, not a boy/girl, not a bad friend, not anything. Be yourself, and be happy. I believe the happiest moments in life are those when you truly find yourself. 

My friends have been amazing. I love my friends so much with all the support they have offered me. The times I find myself truly laughing are the times I spend with them. 

I'm ready to be happy, and live in the moment. Not regret the past or be overly optimistic about the future. Carpe diem.




No comments: