Saturday, November 8, 2008

Listening

to Don't by Rachael Yamagata. Good song. Warning- contains the f-bomb. Not recommended for the youngest of audiences, but a good song for when your pissed off at someone.

For example, your dad. 

Yesterday was an amazing day. Friday. Got home, all excited, yeah it's the weekend, then my dad tells me we need to talk.

Crap.

We sit down and he tells me he plans on getting remarried. Two years after a divorce, and a couple of months after dating someone who doesn't even live on this coast.... 

Are you freaking kidding me?

I just told him like a month ago that I wouldn't mind meeting his girlfriend in person. Then he pulls this shit on me. Really Dad?

Honestly, I feel betrayed. My words no longer have any impact on him. I find myself hating him whenever he cries because I honestly feel he's not crying because he feels bad for me, he's crying because I don't approve. And he really wants to.

But I know he doesn't give a crap about how I feel. I told him not to date. He didn't listen. I told him I didn't want to meet her. He pressured me into doing it, telling me his relationship with her was going a lot faster and he didn't want me to be surprised after I just met her.

I don't give a crap anymore. Do what you like. Just know that I'm not supporting it anymore. I did what you liked the past few times, despite the fact it killed me inside. Now it's time for you to feel my pain. 

Screw you. 

No comments: