Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mess

I can't be alone. I have to be distracted.

My mind immediately goes to him, and his family, and everything they're going through.

I was just talking with him, joking around with him, only a few days ago. Now he's in a hospital bed, unconscious with serious brain damage, and doctors not knowing when, or ever if, he'll wake back up.

I know he's going to wake back up. He has to.

But when I sit here, alone with my mind, it begins to wonder and creates a million different possibilities. All of which cause me to cringe and cry out.

He's such a good guy. Such a good friend. He's always so positive and pushing us to do our best. I can't even comprehend the fact that he now lies, in a coma, in a hospital bed. How?

He's going to wake up. He's got too much spirit, too much love.

It's the not knowing when that's killing me.

No comments: